Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Come hear me at ISTE today to discuss literacy magic with mobile devices

Join me today at ISTE Live where I'll be moving at lightening speed to show some ways we can use mobile learning devices to enrich literacy. 


We all know the benefits of a literacy-rich environment. How can we engage today's learners by incorporating the devices young people have into that environment? In this session we'll look at what can happen if we allowed student devices to come out of hiding and into the classroom. More and more teachers across the globe are discovering fun and exciting ways to engage learners by using student-owned devices to enrich learning in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.

Join me and discover ways educators are engaging in this work by

  • Introducing some commonly used tools;
  • Indicating ideas for how they are used in the reading and writing classroom and;
  • Sharing stories about how innovative educators and young people are doing this work.

If you're in San Diego join me live from 2:00 - 2:30 (Pacific Time/5:00 EST) at The ISTE Live area located behind the Blogger's Cafe in the Sails Pavilion.


If you can't be at the session, please join me via live stream at the following link:
Blackboard Collaborate Room Link


You can see the materials I'm sharing in the presentation below.



No comments:

Post a Comment